Progard Puppy DPV Puppy Vaccine
The PROGARD PUPPY DPV Puppy Vaccine 25x1 ml vial is intended for vaccination of healthy dogs against canine distemper virus infection and canine parvovirus infection.
· Vaccine designed for healthy dogs
· Protects against canine virus diseases
Cartons of 25 - 1 dose desiccated vaccine vials and 25 - 1 dose sterile diluent vials.
Progard Puppy-DPv is a modified live virus vaccine containing attenuated strains of canine distemper virus and parvovirus grown in the Pro-Cell Stable Cell Line. Progard Puppy-DPv is presented in a desiccated single dose form with sterile diluent provided for reconstitution.
The attenuated distemper virus strain used in Progard Puppy-DPv is the Onderstepoort strain. The parvovirus component is patented* CPV Strain 154 which is an attenuated parvovirus strain of canine origin. The InterTek production process has made it possible to produce Progard Puppy-DPv with high titered CPV and CDV components which are highly immunogenic. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Aseptically reconstitute the desiccated vaccine vial with the sterile diluent provided and administer 1 ml by subcutaneous or intramuscular route. Initial vaccination of healthy dogs may be given as early as 4 weeks of age with booster injections administered every 3-4 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive 2 doses 3-4 weeks apart. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
· Avoid vaccinating pregnant bitches
· Administration of epinephrine may be indicated in the event of an anaphylactic reaction
· Only healthy animals should be vaccinated. Animals incubating any disease or animals stressed due to shipping malnutrition or parasitism may not achieve or maintain an adequate immune response
· Recommended storage temperature 35-45°F (2-7°C)
· Shake well before use
· Use contents promptly once reconstituted
· Non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes should be used for administration of vaccine
· Burn this container and all unused contents