PetSafe Elite Little Dog In-Ground Fence
Little dogs rejoice! We’ve catered this in-ground fence system to your petite pal’s safety. It starts with our smallest waterproof receiver collar, specially designed for greater comfort. You establish the yard boundaries with underground wiring. Training your best furry friend to stay within those boundaries is a snap. No more straying and no more worrying. Just big freedom for those little paws.
- Fence is expandable up to 25 acres with additional boundary wire
- Has a waterproof receiver with reflective collar for added safety
- Features external surge protection and anti-linger prevention
- It has a good/low battery indicator
- Its "tone only" mode gets the dog's attention with a beep
With dogs 5 pounds and up or neck sizes 6" - 16"
4 Adjustable levels of static correction
Covers up to 1/3 acre with included wire
- Transmitter with power adapter
- Receiver collar with RFA-188 battery
- Test light tool
- Operating and training guide
- 50 boundary training flags
- 500 feet of wire
- Wire nuts
- Gel filled capsules
- Mounting bracket
- Surge protector
This PetSafe" In-Ground Fence" is not a barrier. This system is designed to act as a deterrent to remind pets by Static Correction to remain in the boundary established. It is important that you reinforce training with your pet on a regular basis.
Proper (it ot the collar Is important. A coHar worn (or loo long or made too tight on the pet's neck may cause skin damage. Ranging (rom redness to pressure ulcers: this condition is commonly known as bedsores.
- Avoid leaving the collar on the dog (or more than 12 hours per day.
- When possible reposition the collar on the pet's neck every I to 2 hours.
- Check the (it to prevent excessive pressure: (ollow the Instructions in this manual.
- Never connect a lead to the electronic collar it will cause excessive pressure on the contacts.
- When using a separate collar lor a lead, don't put pressure on the electronic collar.
- Wash the dog's neck area and the contacts of the collar weekly with a damp cloth.
- Examine the contact area daily (or signs of a rash or a sore.
- It a rash or sore is found, discontinue use ol the collar until the skin has healed.
- If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
- For additional information on bed sores and pressure necrosis, please visit our website.
These steps will help keep your pet safe and comfortable. Millions of pets are comfortable while they wear stainless steel contacts. Some pets are sensitive to contact pressure. You may find after some time that your pet is very tolerant ol the collar. If so. you may relax some ol these precautions. It Is important to continue daily checks of the contact area It redness or sores are found, discontinue use until the skin has fully healed.
- You may need to trim the hair in the area of the Contact Points. Never shave the dog's neck this may lead to a rash or infection.
- The receiver collar should not be on your dog when the system Is tested. Your pet may receive an unintended correction.
- The Boundary Width ot the system must be tested whenever an adjustment is made to the containment field to prevent unintended corrections to your pet.
- If you use a collar and leash tor training, be sure the extra collar does not put pressure on the contact points.
- Always remove your dog's receiver collar before performing any transmitter testing.
- If possible. DO NOT use an AC circuit protected with a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) or Residual Current Device (RCD). In rare cases, nearby lightning strikes may cause the GFCI or RCD to trip. Without power your dog may be vulnerable to escape. You will have to reset the GFCI or RCD to restore power to the system.
They love to play in the yard just as much as big dogs! And now they can with maximum safety. Here’s how it works. The collar picks up a signal from a transmitter as your dog nears the boundary wires. A beep alerts your dog and most dogs do so well with training that they stop right then! For those that continue, a harmless static correction reminds them to stay in the area you’ve established.
- Not for use with aggressive dogs. Do not use this product If your dog is prone to aggressive behavior. Aggressive dogs can cause severe injury or death to their owners and others. If you are not sure that this product is right for your dog, please talk to your veterinarian or a certified trainer.
- Underground cables can carry high voltage. Have all underground cables marked belore you dig to bury your wire. In most areas this is a free service. Avoid these cables when you dig.
- Follow all safety instructions for your power tools. Be sure to always wear your safety goggles.
- Do not Install, connect, or remove your system during a lightning storm. If the storm is close enough for you to hear thunder, it is close enough to create hazardous surges.
- Risk of electric shock. Use the Fence Transmitter and Surge Protector indoors in dry location only.
- Turn off power to outlet before you install or remove your Surge Protector.
- Risk of electrical shock or lire. Use Surge Protector only with a duplex outlet with center screw. Attach unit with long screw supplied.