PetSafe Elite Big Dog Static Bark Control Collar
The Elite Big Dog Bark Control Collar detects your dog's bark using the patented Perfect Bark technology to ensure only your dog's bark causes the correction. As he barks, he receives a safe, but annoying static correction. The bark collar begins with low corrections, and if barking continues the correction intensity will increase. When used correctly, the bark collar reduces (and in most cases eliminates) nuisance barking. Your dog will quickly learn the association and stop the unwanted behavior.
- Automatically adjusts to the dog's temperament
- Patented Perfect Bark technology ensures only owns dog's bark will cause the correction
- Features two color LED lights for good and low battery indicator
- It consists of a waterproof receiver collar
With dogs 40 pounds and up or up to 28" neck size
10 Levels of light touch correction
PetSafe RFA-188 battery(included)
Risk of skin damage. Please read and follow the instructions in this manual.
Proper fit of the collar is important. A collar worn for too long or made too tight on the pet’s neck may cause skin damage. Ranging from redness to pressure ulcers; this condition is commonly known as bed sores.
- Avoid leaving the collar on the dog for more than 12 hours per day.
- When possible reposition the collar on the pet’s neck every 1 to 2 hours.
- Check the fit to prevent excessive pressure; follow the instructions in this manual.
- Never connect a lead to the electronic collar; it will cause excessive pressure on the contacts.
- When using a separate collar for a lead, don’t put pressure on the electronic collar.
- Wash the dog’s neck area and the contacts of the collar weekly with a damp cloth.
- Examine the contact area daily for signs of a rash or a sore.
- If a rash or sore is found, discontinue use of the collar until the skin has healed.
- If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
- For additional information on bed sores and pressure necrosis, please visit our website.
These steps will help keep your pet safe and comfortable. Millions of pets are comfortable while they wear stainless steel contacts. Some pets are sensitive to contact pressure. You may find after some time that your pet is very tolerant of the collar. If so, you may relax some of these precautions. It is important to continue daily checks of the contact area. If redness or sores are found, discontinue use until the skin has fully healed. The Bark Control Collar must be used only on healthy dogs. We recommend that you take your dog to a veterinarian before using the collar if he is not in good health. The Bark Control Collar is not a toy. Keep it away from the reach of children. Use it only for its bark stopping purpose.
To assure a proper fit, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that the battery isin the “OFF” position.
- Have your dog standing comfortably (A).
- Centerthe Contact Points underneath your dog’s neck,touching the skin (B). Note: It is sometimes necessary to trim the hair around the Contact Points to make sure that contact is consistent.
- Check the tightness of the Bark Control Collar by inserting one finger between a Contact Point and the dog’s neck (C).The fitshould be snug but not constricting.
- Allow your dog to wearthe collarforseveral minutes, then recheck the fit.Check the fit again as your dog becomes more comfortable with theBark Control Collar.
- Trim the collar as follows:(D)
- Mark the desired length of the collar with a pen. Allow for growth if your dog is young or grows a thick winter coat.
- Remove the Bark Control Collarfrom your dog and cut off excess.
- Before placing the Bark Control Collar back onto your dog,seal the edge of the cut collar by applying a flame along the frayed edge.
Not for use with aggressive dogs. Do not use this Product if your dog is aggressive, or if your dog is prone to aggressive behavior. Aggressive dogs can cause severe injury and even death to their owner and others. If you are unsure whether this product is appropriate for your dog, please consult your veterinarian or certified trainer.
Manufacturer provides 1 year warranty