Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
Developed by a veterinarian, the Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain provides 50 oz of fresh, filtered water to your pet. A patented free-falling stream of water entices your pet to drink more and continually aerates the water with healthful oxygen. A charcoal filter removes bad tastes and odors, giving your pet the best way to stay hydrated!
- Replaceable charcoal filter can remove bad tastes and odors
- Receiving ramp reduces the splash of falling water
- Adjustable flow control in the fountain
- Can be completely disassembled for easy cleaning
- Patented free falling water stream entices the pets to drink more
With cats and dogs under 40 pounds
Holds up to 50 oz
- Inspect the bottom of the fountain to be sure the motor is securely attached.
- Remove the housing cover (lid) and insert the filter cartridge down into the well in the housing. It fits in the well diagonally.
- The bottom of the filter is narrower than the top and the black side faces outward (toward the spout). If the fit is too tight, it is either in upside down or in the wrong groove at the front (Move it back one groove). RINSING the filter before use will help remove any loose bits of charcoal, which are harmless.
- Fill the fountain with water, (both the bowl and the housing where the filter sits). See step 6.
- Place in desired location. If placing on carpet or wood floor, the use of a protective surface is recommended for under the fountain.
- Make certain the cord and plug are dry, then plug into a polarized outlet. (One slot is larger than the other). The plug will only fit into a polarized outlet. Do not attempt to force it into an old,unsafe outlet. Use an adapter if necessary.
- There are notches for the power cord on both sides of the bottom of the fountain. The notches are a pass-through for the cord. They are not for holding the cord snugly, which might damage the cord. The cord should be passed through vertically. DO NOT turn the cord horizontally and FORCE into a notch as this may damage the cord and create a hazard.
- Add more water to the bowl after the unit is primed and running. For quietest operation, fill bowl completely. A gentle hum during normal operation is to be expected.
- Set the desired flow rate with the flow control knob, which is next to the ramp in the bowl (minimum rate at 11 o’clock position, maximum rate at 1 o’clock position).
- Add water to the bowl as needed. (The bowl holds 50 oz. of water). During regular use, do not allow the water level to fall below the inlet grate on the bottom of the flow control knob, or the motor may run dry.
When using electric appliances, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all the instructions before using appliance.
- To reduce the risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when an appliance is used near children.
- Only use attachments recommended or sold by the manufacturer.
- Do not use outdoors. FOR INDOOR USE ONLY.
- Do not unplug by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- For a portable appliance - To reduce the risk of electrical shock, do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Always unplug any appliance when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. Never yank a cord to remove from the outlet.